Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Almost Thanksgiving!!

While everyone back home is probably enjoying their snow and chilly-ness, i would just like to let you all know that the weather is still beautiful here.

We've been very busily planning out our Thanksgiving. It's been a little more stressful than usual, seeing as how our schedule this week has been switched around a couple times. We've finally figured everything out. Each machaneh is in charge of making a few different things. Since Tavor is the biggest, we're in charge of 3-ish pies, the turkey, gravy, vegetarian option, veggies, and whipped cream. It's a lot. Personally I'm in charge of gravy with my friend Adam from Chicago. Since neither of us can cook, we're all in for a fun evening.

We've been going on day trips every Wednesday. This past Wednesday we went to the Golan and wandered around there a little. We were mostly on the borders of Lebanon and Syria. It was really cool standing in one country and looking into another.

We watched the Michigan vs. Ohio State game. It was really embarrassing, but the kids here going to Michigan dressed for the occasion anyways. There's a really cute picture somewhere...

Seeing my host family was fun. They were very interested in meeting my parents when they come to visit. Speaking of that, we were given an assignment of figuring out what we want to do while their here. We've come up with a tentative list, but I think Judy has it somewhere, so I don't really remember what we're said.

I'm visiting Orly and David (my aunt and uncle) this weekend. I'm excited to get off the kibbutz for a bit and also to see them and my cousin. I haven't seen them since September, and I want to hear how their trip to the States was. Next weekend I'm travelling too. I finally got in touch with my friends in Jerusalem and we're going to see them then. I'm really excited. I haven't seen them in a really long time. I just hope that our kupah doesn't take to much of a hit from me travelling two weekends in a row.

Speaking of Kupah, I still have to put money into it... I don't know why I keep writing it here, but I feel like if I write it enough, I'll actually do it one of these days.

I've been writing a lot of letters lately. I haven't been able to mail any yet because we don't currently have stamps, but we're expecting to get them soon.

What else? My Hebrew class is going well. We watched "The Little Mermaid" in Hebrew the other day. It was very confusing, because the subtitles were just basically the English version of the film in written form, but the voices would actually be saying something slightly different. It drove me a little crazy.

The end of Boneh (the part of the program on kibbutz) is almost over. I'm a little sad. This year is going by so quickly!

I miss you all.

All My Lovin'
-Phia

No comments: